I found a recipe for a parfait that called for some agave nectar and sugar. Since I'm trying to stay away from processed sugar, this looked like something I could adapt a bit.
Here is my version of the
American Parfait:
3 c almond milk
1/3 c tapioca pearls
1 tsp. arrowroot
3 Tbsp. agave (or blue agave) nectar (or to taste)
1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
1 pound strawberries, washed and stemmed
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
1 pint blueberries, washed
~Use a metal bowl that has been cooled with ice water to cool the tapioca down once it has been cooked. Prepare this iced bowl ahead of time. Have another metal bowl ready to put the tapioca in and set that bowl in the ice water.
Place 2 1/2 c almond milk and all the tapioca in a saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring consistently, and then turn down to simmer. Scrape bottom to avoid sticking. Cook until tapioca pearls are translucent. Probably 15-20 minutes total.
Mix in a small bowl: 1/2 c almond milk and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
Add agave nectar 3 Tbsp. agave nectar and vanilla to pan. Heat to a slow boil. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in almond milk and arrowroot mixture. Cook until mix thickens.
Pour pudding into metal bowl and set in the ice water bowl to cool. About 10 minutes.
Cut strawberries and puree them in food processor, I use a blender, along with remaining agave nectar (to taste, really)
Divide strawberry puree between 6 glasses. I used wine glasses but you can use whatever works from your kitchen.
After pudding is cool, spoon it on top of the strawberry puree. Refrigerate until chilled. At least 15 minutes. Add a layer of blueberries and serve!
Serves 6.
looks yummy melanina
ReplyDeleteI think it's time for a Canadian Parfait.
ReplyDelete